Thursday, September 29, 2005

Idiosyncrasies Tag

It took me a long time to decide whether or not to answer this tag by vesparosso.
Not that it takes a long time for me to write down five idiosyncrasies about myself, there are so many of them that it was easy. But I do not like TAGs. On the other hand I do not like to say no to… no I’ll skip this first one.
Click here to read the ones I’ll share.


I need to wake up slowly. This is weird, but it usually takes me at least half an hour from the moment I get out of bed ‘til I go into the shower. Of course I can, and a lot of times have to, get out of bed, shower, get dressed and drive off on the wheel of a car in less than ten minutes, but that really makes my mood go BAD.


I hate people who try to ‘collect’ on me on a moral or ethical basis. If someone takes the “I did you a favor now it’s your turn” stance I will not do it. Pig headed? Guess so.


My office is a mess (organized chaos, “personal order files”) but my kitchen’s drawers have to be perfectly tidy. There actually is a good reason to this. I tend to grab stuff without looking, if there are knifes amidst the spoons that may lead to nasty cuts. It has happened in the past. Due to the fact that I don’t clean up after cooking this means it takes some training before the person who does the cleaning gets things right.


I don’t like flying with open doors, even if there is a harness on my back and I am about to sky dive.


I love speed. Whether rollerblading, snowboarding, driving… whatever. Good Half says it’s a bit of a death wish. Suicidal tendencies, she claims. Not true, I love to live.




So if you got this far you’re tagged too. Or not. Whatever. Do as you please. But please don't tag me anymore... just so I don't have to say no to you, ok?




PS: Out of justice I must post also the answers to a TAG Kris tried to get me into some time ago:


1. Database says record 874 on my last registered book. Add to that too piles of unregistered ones here and a few shelves in Oregon. Ranging from paperbacks to leather bound books.


2. Last book I bought was Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell (not yet read).


3. Last book I finished was Deception Point by Dan Brown, and almost finished Digital Fortress (probably finish it after writing this)


4. Five books that mean a lot.

a. General Chemistry by Linus Pauling (made start to like chemistry)

b. Economics by Samuelson (made me understand a bit more about the real world)

c. Sidharta by Herman Hesse (made me realise I was mostly right all along)

d. Kapput by Curzio Malaparte (showed me the human 'gray nature', currently I think it made a lot of what I am now)

e. Christiane F. by herself (made me want to make a change and probably helped keeping me from falling in the abyss)



And there are a lot more.



I should also apollogise to Kris....sorry.

11 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Uh-oh. Getting tagged again :-D

I like Herman Hesse. Your choice in books reminds me of someone...he reads many text books for leisure. Chemistry. Economics. Management.

So, you have a death wish, huh?

29/9/05 12:56  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: No death wish. I enjoy the rush of moving fast, that's all. Maybe I'm a bit crazy sometimes... but the overall plan is to stay alive and healthy.

29/9/05 13:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry...must have missed the memo that said you don't like getting tagged. it was my first time, so i haven't had a chance to be annoyed by them yet. i'll remember that, should i be tagged again in the future...

29/9/05 14:30  
Blogger DCveR said...

vesparosso: Don't worry. First of all if I were mad at you, you'd be the first to know, you wouldn't find that out in a post. And if I were mad I wouldn't answer your tag.

29/9/05 17:19  
Blogger Ariadne said...

Hi again... :)

Just stopped by to ask if you mind if I put your link on the viramundo... so, may I ?

See ya,
Namaste

30/9/05 12:30  
Blogger DCveR said...

Ariadne: Of course you may link here.
Oooooppppssss... I had already linked to viramundo without asking you... May I? ;)

30/9/05 13:43  
Blogger DCveR said...

penny lane: That is exactly why I in a pause right now. There is only so much one can spend on non essential stuff. But I'll go back as soon as I can afford it again.

30/9/05 13:45  
Blogger Ariadne said...

Be my guest... ;)

30/9/05 14:02  
Blogger DCveR said...

ariadne: Thank you so much!

1/10/05 01:02  
Blogger KrisinHawaii said...

Dcver just being a little fussy Vesparosso. I thought of tagging him with the wallet tag a while ago, which I knew he wouldn't do, but I figured the book tag might be fun for him. :)

Speed? Come back to Hawaii! We'll take you paddling. You are only going as fast as the power you can provide of course, and everyone must be in time.

1/10/05 11:31  
Blogger DCveR said...

kris: Please don't be such a tease, you know I'd love to go back there again, and again, and again...

1/10/05 15:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter