Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Coruto de Alfátima

From the balcony of our house in the mountain you can see the village bellow, looking around you see the granite mountains covered with trees, in a majestic green and gray landscape.
And in the middle of all that green and gray a round mountain stands out, a mountain with almost no trees, no visible stones, all covered with yellow feathery grass.
Like a golden nugget in the middle of the bigger mountains.
That little mountain has always been revered by the locals as something precious and out of the ordinary.
The place is magical in its simplicity.

Guess all this fuss about the insurance of the moving house made me a bit nostalgic as it brought about a lot of memories.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ok, seriously - you're making me move to portugal!

28/2/06 19:18  
Blogger Dan Flynn said...

Yeah, I agree with ale. Does your family own the country? Is there something you've been keeping from us? I'd really love to live in France, but I'm now going off the idea. I'd now really love to live in Portugal, that's if you're family can fit me in. What with all that land you seem to own.

28/2/06 22:55  
Blogger DCveR said...

ale: You she give vit's ite a good read first. After all I keeping the worst things about his country off the record, but she keeps things even by showing the bad things too. That may be enough to snap you out of that idea.

dan: LOL Hell no! Don't you think I would have gotten rid of those dirty politicians if I owned the country? We're not even rich. The mountain house is in a beautiful park, but we don't own the park.

28/2/06 23:11  
Blogger DCveR said...

tall glass: There are several camping grounds in the park, camping outside those grounds is illegal. There are plenty of camping grounds in Portugal, the sad thing about those is the fact that they are far from roomy: campers get very little space, you have tents crammed up together and that really sucks.

1/3/06 09:02  
Blogger Unknown said...

dcver is actually the king... YEY lets all go!!

1/3/06 18:03  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I like the simplicity of that little nugget mountain. Maybe it stands for the simple things we do enjoy but take for granted. Then we look back and long for it.

Are you really the king there like Ale says? And you're keeping it a secret? Does Vit know? Then she can lambast you too? hee hee

1/3/06 18:41  
Blogger NML/Natalie said...

It sounds lovely. I could visualise it so well :-)

1/3/06 20:11  
Blogger DCveR said...

ale: Nope, far from it. But you just gave me an idea for my a future post.

GG: My treasures are far simpler than you can imagine: real friends, the best wife in the world, memories of a happy childhood and a sense of peace when I look at my actions, in no particular order.

NML: That is one of my favorite places.

1/3/06 21:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter