Thursday, September 08, 2005

Correct me if I am wrong

Really, please do so.
If you see a typo in my blog, if I say something you can show me to be wrong, anything...
As far as the English language is concerned any corrections will be helpful after all English is but a second language to me.
Regarding everything else I do like to learn and have no problem learning from any of you.

Oh, but please make sure you are teaching me things the way they really are.
One thing I really can't stand is snotty people who try to prove me wrong and teach me why by saying things that are not true.

All of you probably heard about Porto wine, probably most of you have even tried it.
Well, I was with friends and we started talking about Porto wine. The host is from the northern part of Portugal and started talking about the traditional Rabelos, the boats that used to carry the grapes into the Caves and the casks of to the sea shore.
I mentioned the 'dornas' the traditional tank used to carry the grapes and he kept insisting the boats carried casks with grapes. I didn't want to get into a fight but mentioned a couple of friends of mine whose families make the wine as the source of my knowledge...
That was it, he rushed to his bookshelf to get the proof I was wrong; he found the books in just a few moments, read aloud so everyone could laugh at me and: the books confirmed what I had just said.
No hard feelings. He was the Best Man in my wedding and really is a good friend. And he is so used to being right that he simply trusted his memory against mine.
Ok, ok, same could have happened to me...Eventually

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

honestly you are super fun person to argue with :) since you seem to know many things, and have traveled etc etc- plus you stand by what you say-- anyway- your friend just realizes that ONE day- he'll catch you with the incorrect info and it would be SO FUN to see you be wrong :)

8/9/05 21:44  
Blogger DCveR said...

Ale: Why do you think I chose him for my Best Man? He usually IS right, and he owns the record for proving me wrong. And I'm his older daughter's godfather.

8/9/05 21:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::note to self: do not *ever* question DCveR::

8/9/05 22:31  
Blogger Glitzy said...

Sounds like you are good enough friends to where it doesn't matter in the large scheme of things...
...but that's still pretty funny.

Hopefully he didn't really want you laughed at tho'

8/9/05 23:58  
Blogger DCveR said...

bees knees: please don't do that...

glitzy: of course he wanted to laugh at me, in the 'large scheme of things' we love laughing at each others, we also love pulling prancks and generally being 'nasty' among our group of friends, this time he had to laugh at himself, just that

9/9/05 00:16  
Blogger SC&A said...

Your English skills are like a waltz.

Worry not.

9/9/05 02:22  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Pranks, Dcver, pranks :-)

My 2 brothers used to have loads of friends here in our home, I know the way guys tease and play jokes on each other...whewwww...

9/9/05 02:59  
Blogger Mike said...

Ok, since you asked...

"...friends of mine whose families make the wine..."

;)

9/9/05 07:21  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Wine is good for my GK ;)

9/9/05 07:48  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love to be right...

You speak English exquisitely.

Actually, I should take more time to go over the grammar on my own blog. I get lazy with it.

I even text messaged my boyfriend with 2 typos today.

Just don't rely on spellchecker on Microsoft Word when writing. If you do a typo, it offers you some pretty lame suggestions.

9/9/05 07:56  
Blogger DCveR said...

s,c and a: Spinning until readers get dizzy!? Thanks

GG: Fun, isn't it?

viking: Done. Thank you.

anoop: Hey man! Is your pause over? What does GK mean?

lisa: We ALL love to be right. SMS is one of those things that makes us all write badly.

9/9/05 08:21  
Blogger KrisinHawaii said...

Did you know that the Blogger spell check does not recognize the word "blog?" what's up with that?

9/9/05 08:50  
Blogger DCveR said...

Kris: And it doesn't recognize Google either. Some other bloggers had pointed that out.

9/9/05 12:23  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yes, teasing can be fun.

Some folks never know when I'm teasing though, because I seem 'innocent'...or so they say :-o

9/9/05 13:18  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: Usually I can get way with stuff because I manage to stay dead serious telling the biggest whoppers ever. Yet, those who really know me always know when that is the case.
Also the easiest way to catch me is raising the stake to an ethical call.

9/9/05 22:20  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

hehe I love it when that happens.

By the way, your English is superb. Better than mine.

10/9/05 15:12  
Blogger DCveR said...

bent: It really was funny because he started reading aloud and when he realized he was wrong he just kept reading, in the end he just added "in case you didn't notice you are right!"
Better than yours, you say? Does that make your blog a bad influence?! ;)

10/9/05 18:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter