Saturday, August 27, 2005

TAG...

Guyana-Gyal tagged me.
I don't like tags. Yet I had never said so on this here blog thingy.
I believe I had said so in a previous Portuguese blog, but not here.
So I'll answer her questions. But just this once.
And I won't tag anybody.

So for those who want to read my answers to GG's tag just click here

Seven Things I...

Plan to Do Before I Die:
1. Stay young at heart.
2. Read all the books I want to read.
3. Visit all the places I want to see.
4. Find out why are we here in the first place (even if takes long I don't really mind, who said I was in a hurry to die?!).
5. At least keep being as happy as I am now (that wouldn't be too bad), although trying to be even more.
6. Leaving a mark in the hearts of those who outlast me (not necessarily a bullet wound, I'm not that sick...).
7. Shun tags as best as I can

Things I Can Do:
1. Think.
2. Ignore idiots.
3. Skydive, scubba, rollerblade, snowboard and a few other things.
4. Walk for hours without any destination.
5. Be there for my friends, any time.
6. Cook, one of my most popular hobbies
7. Act as a child in a toy store (yup, I can be amazed and feel wonder as a little kid at times, hope I can still do it for a long time)

Things I Can't Do:

1. Put up with stupid people
2. Pretend to like someone or something
3. Drink bad wine
4. Resist to a good challenge (I can resist people challenging me, but I can't resist when I am the one 'feeling' the challenge)
5. Paperwork (if I have to do it on my own it will sooner or later be a mess)
6. Stay awake listening to boring people (I'm tired most of the time and this triggers 'nap time')
7. Be in several places at once (this may come as a shock to some people!!!)

Things I say most:

1. Tudo bem... (alright, in Portuguese, but it would translate more like whatever)
2. Faz como quiseres (Do it your own way)
3. Mais tarde (Later)
4. Já está feito (It's already done!)
5. Não é assim que se faz (That's not the way to do it...)
6. Boa! (sarcastic, means nice going)
7. Azar (tough luck)

Things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1. Intelligence
2. Wit
3. Patience
4. Humor
5. Empathy
6. Nice proporcionate body
7. Boldness

Celebrity crushes.
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Natasha Henstridge
3. Catherine Zeta-Jones
4. Uma Thurman
5. Elle Macpherson
6. Minnie Driver
7. Liv Tyler

14 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ahhh, thank you, muito obrigada, now some of my curiosity has been sated :-)

I can relate to the things you plan to do, and the things you can do.

Because I hate tags I was doing a spoof on mine. [My best friend noticed this and he laughed.]

Because misery loves company I tagged others.

My sense of humour runs away with me. It's pathetic.

The Brazilians ask 'Tudo bem?' in casual conversation, meaning, 'Everything's fine?'

And the reply?

'Tudo bem! E voce?'

28/8/05 00:14  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: We have that 'tudo bem' as a greeting also, the one I mentioned is slightly different, usually pronouced with a very long 'u'.

28/8/05 00:17  
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

What does "tag" mean? And before you say it, I admit: I DON"T know everything. Close, but no cigar.

28/8/05 16:23  
Blogger DCveR said...

bunny jo: Haven't you played 'tag' when you were a kid? You had to run around chasing other kids to 'tag' them, then the one who got 'tagged' had to chase the rest of you to 'tag' the next guy...
The concept here is similar in a way: someone asks a set of questions to a group of people (thus tagging each of those persons), each of those persons then answers the questions and ‘tags’ another group of people.

28/8/05 18:40  
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I'm with you. I hate those things.

28/8/05 21:16  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ahh but Dcver, you didn't explain about the peeking and peeping and reading other people's minds...

Just being playful here :-D

28/8/05 22:21  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: You're right sorry. ;)

Bunny Jo: Take a peek at GG's post, the one tagging me, that will give you a few extra hints, maybe even change your mind on these tags...

28/8/05 22:36  
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Hey, I followed the link and I liked it. Not that I'm saying I want to be tagged. I'm with Viking, that's a lot of thinking! However...I do enjoy reflecting on my favorite subject: moi! Anyhoo, GG, I really enjoyed. And it was fun that you got DCvR (the baby) involved as well! You go!

29/8/05 00:05  
Blogger DCveR said...

bunny jo: not sure if Good Half would have given you that photo if she knew one day you'd call me baby... ;)

29/8/05 00:56  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Awww, you nice baby you, Dcver. Thank you Bunnyjo for that bit of info! I'm glad you enjoyed.

One day, somebody's goin' to tag youuuu....

29/8/05 01:06  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

That was an enjoyable read. Skydiving is on my list if things to do.

29/8/05 02:33  
Blogger DCveR said...

bent: What are you waiting for?

29/8/05 07:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I may be so bold... why isnt Busmills on your list and what on earth are you doing up at midnight? I admit i followed the link from vespas site ;))
JK

11/6/06 23:34  
Blogger DCveR said...

JK: Up at midnight? That isn't so late by our standards. As for Bushmills the reason it is missing is the same reason Tullamore Dew is missing, I've only listed my favorite scotchs... though I do enjoy Irish ones too.

12/6/06 23:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter