Saturday, August 27, 2005

Addictions - Su Doku

You can check the Wikipedia for the definition on Su Doku.
It's a number placement game and basically is driving a lot of people crazy.
Websites, books, newspapers, you can find this game everywhere.
It's a fun game I have to admit, I've done a few puzzles.
Try it for yourself in this site if you want to. The 'Evil' level is the only one that presents some challenge, but even the hardest puzzles can easily be solved in less than half an hour with a systematic approach, probably even faster if your phone doesn't ring all time.
It's like tic-tac-toe, if you ask me, you try it, you see there is no way anyone can win if both players use their brains and you forget it.
I love puzzles. This is a nice puzzle, but from there to the addictive phenomenon it seems to have triggered is a long long distance, or not...

8 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I am going to stay away from it. Because I love games. And I get addicted to them. Actually, if I can play it off the computer, hmmm...no, no, I'll stay away from it.

27/8/05 14:10  
Blogger Mike said...

I tried that game a couple months ago, when it started making the headlines. Not sure why people are addicted to it.

And I think I like the word verification you put on the comments. I've noticed that spam commenters have been getting around the anonymous thing...

27/8/05 21:47  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: I don't think it's that addictive.

viking: Just a game, no big deal, right?
The word verification is a new blogger feature. Hope it does stop the spammers, at least the bots are blocked, real people can still attack but at least they will have to do it site by site.

27/8/05 22:54  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Dcver, I can get addicted to tic tac toe given the chance.

How did you hear about the word verification thing? In case spammers come to me by the dozens...

28/8/05 00:18  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: Little news on blogger homepage yesterday. If you want to activate it open blogger's dashboard, go to settings, go to comments and change the selection on 'show word verification' to 'yes'.

28/8/05 00:23  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Thank you, D...if those 's' critters start harrassing me too much I'll get that word verification thing.

28/8/05 11:55  
Blogger Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

This su doku thing actually save a collegue(?) of mine this summer. He got totally hung up and did at least five a day from the papers; he himself stated that he got addicted and dindt know what to do with boredom after this.... Scary!

29/8/05 06:37  
Blogger DCveR said...

isa, isae: After making a few of those they become boring. But this is just me... I guess most people are really getting hooked.

29/8/05 07:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter